i’ve not been sober once for like 2 months omg i can’t tell if that’s really funny or really sad
unless you can spend A LOT of time with a ferret please either get your ferret friend another ferret friend or don’t get one at all. they’re super rad but they need company. ferrets are definitely very emotional creatures. one of my cuties got really depressed when her life partner passed away and i had to spend a large amount of time with her until we were able to find her a new friend who she now gets a long with but not in the same respect as she did with her old friend. often ferrets are placed together at birth and stay together until one of them passes away. ferrets don’t always like new friends so you have to be careful when placing them with a new one! i also wouldn’t suggest placing a ferret with another animal such as a rabbit or a cat if they have not grown up together from a very young age!! #ferretfacts
because we don’t want the moo moos to be separated from the baby moos because they get sad and cry and then the mummy moos have to keep being raped and they’re saddies :(
"Cow’s milk is designed to grow an 85 pound calf into a 600-1000 pound cow, not for human consumption.
In terms of the ethical aspect, I’ve answered numerous questions on this, so here’s a compilation of answers.
Cows needing to be milked is a common misconception.
Like humans, cows only produce milk following pregnancy. The only reason they ‘need to be milked’ is because they have their offspring taken from them at birth.
To make them continually produce milk, cows are artificially inseminated which is cruel and unnatural. Without this, cows would not produce more milk and thus be worthless to the dairy industry.
Also, once they stop producing milk, cows are transferred to the meat industry and slaughtered.
(links are for Australia, other countries have similar if not worse practices)
· general information on the meat, milk and leather industries: http://www.aact.org.au/dairy.htm
· the true face of milk: http://www.aact.org.au/dairy.htm
· animals australia: http://www.animalsaustralia.org/take_action/bobby-calf-cruelty/
· milk sucks campaign (focuses more on the unnaturalness of milk): http://www.alv.org.au/storyarchive/0702milk/milk.php
· here’s a company which actually performs artificial insemination on cows in australia: http://www.genaust.com.au/services/artificial-insemination ” ~ extract from my vegan faq (http://vegan-hippie.tk/veganfaq)